We are seeking applicants for a full-time Legal Secretary. The role supports the Principal Lawyer and her team with administrative tasks to ensure the efficient operation of the legal service.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the Principal Lawyer and her team including:
- Answering telephone and email enquiries from applicants and stakeholders.
- Triaging the Law Access general inbox
- Entering new contacts on the electronic practice management system
- Preparing reports for the Principal Lawyer as required
- Electronic and hard copy filing
- Photocopying and scanning
- Managing post and couriers
- Answering non-legal queries from volunteers and secondees
- Other administrative duties as required
Key Skills and Requirements
We are seeking candidates with the following essential skills:
- Ability to provide administrative support to a small team of part-time employees, secondees and volunteer staff in a busy service.
- Computer literacy in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to use electronic practice management systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work without supervision and with general direction where necessary.
- Organised and systematic approach to office and work duties including the ability to meet deadlines.
- An understanding of access to justice issues faced by the clients of Law Access.
with the following experience and qualifications:
- Experience providing administrative support in a legal practice or community legal centre.
- Experience in electronic practice management systems.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on 29 January 2020.
Enquiries can be addressed to Michele Lord, Principal Lawyer, at email@example.com or on 6488 5683.
Please see the position description for further information.