Recommended browsers for this form are Chrome or Firefox. The minimum browser and system requirements to view our website and use the online application form is Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge.
If you are uploading multiple documents, please be aware that the total document upload limit for this form is 40MB.
Please note: If you are not uploading your documents, you can also email copies to email@example.com or post copies to Law Access PO Box Z5345, Perth WA 6831 within 7 days of submitting your online application.
It is important that you continue to meet all court commitments or commence any necessary legal action within statutory time limits, even if you have submitted an application to Law Access.
Please note it will take about 10 minutes to complete the form, please have all your documents with you to help you complete the form (e.g. relevant court documents, etc.).
There is a lot of information required in the form, however we need all of this information to assess and refer your application. You can upload the documents or post them to us, please indicate on the form whether you will upload or post your documents. We cannot assess your application until we have all of your relevant documents.
Please keep in mind that the form does not auto-save so will need to be completed in one sitting. You will get an acknowledgement and a copy of your application after you submit.
We will assess your application based on the information you provide. If we need more information, we will contact you.
We will keep you updated about important developments.
Please update us with important matters regarding your legal case (such as new orders being made, or a hearing date being set) by email.
If your matter is eligible for referral, we will try to find a lawyer who can help you. We are dependent on a member of the legal profession being available and willing to assist, so there is no guarantee that we will be able to find you a lawyer.
Law Access does not, by referring a client or a matter to a particular legal practitioner, law firm or community legal centre, warrant the services of that practitioner, firm or centre.
1. The history of the matter.
2. The current situation.
3. The type of assistance or outcome sought.
1. Law Access does not grant assistance to applicants but merely acts as an intermediary between the public and the legal profession.
2. Law Access does not act as the organisation’s solicitor.
3. The organisation remains responsible for meeting all Court commitments or commencing all Legal Action within any Statutory Limits.
4. It is the organisation’s responsibility to negotiate the terms upon which it engages any firm introduced to it by Law Access.
5. The organisation is not relying upon Law Access Limited (known as Law Access) and its Principal Lawyer to provide legal advice or legal representation and no cause of action in negligence in respect of the provision of legal advice or representation arises from the consideration or processing of this application.
6. I have the authority or have obtained the authority to make and submit an application for pro bono referral from the Chief Executive Officer or decision making committee/officer of the organisation.
(a) any person volunteering to assist Law Access to assess my application for assistance; and
(b) any lawyer that Law Access considers may agree to act for me, to enable that lawyer to decide whether they will act for me.